Tuesday, September 16, 2014

In Design might be helpful in one of my ongoing projects.  I'd like to make baseball cards.  My cards, instead of ball players, will be BadAss Little Old Ladies.  The idea is to put into stat form their accomplishments, paired with their small stature and age.  I'd like to illustrate what power can look like.  That it requires no steroids, no brute force, no weapons, sometimes only a microphone and a red handbag.  Some of the images I came across in my research illustrate that beautifully.

In Design, while frustrating to learn at first, will help me fine tune the details of this project in order to make it an easy template.  I have a long list of women that I would like to showcase in this way.  As this is a project that I have a particular look I'm going for, this first card is a prototype, with just the practice steps I'm learning from the tutorials.  I'd like to make a card that looks more like an old fashioned baseball card.  I am still working on how to get the effects I want with the software.  As I'm learning, I'll continue to document my progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment