Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Three that should have been tri



Design thinking requires good listening.  The frustration of doing the wrong work because  you didn't hear your directives is a real time waster.  A broken ankle got in my way of good listening this time.  Our mission was to complete three, tri-fold brochures, singing the  praises of design thinking.  What I heard, was to use the grid anyway I like, which I took to  mean that I could also attempt a two fold and a book form brochure.  As it turns out, I will    have to build two more, because the original directions weren't followed.  

I love the way the book turned out. It was fun to see how there was, somehow, more room in this form than the other two.  I used the same photos and text for each model.  The tri- fold version turned out to be pretty interesting too.  The photo on the cover doesn't reveal itself all at once, so the assumption that it's just a lightbulb is made by the viewer.  Once  open, you can see the fish in the lightbulb, doing his own thinking.  The image was used on each cover, but I think, most effectively on the tri-fold version.

No comments:

Post a Comment